Saturday, February 11, 2012

Second Entry : 99 Rest Backyard Cafe

Been a while since my first entry, considering my two-week trip in Japan on New Year period and workload in the beginning of the year.


This one is also on my all-time-fav list; been there quiet often. Good for both day and night time.
99 Rest Backyard Cafe!!


It is quiet hard to go there, so if you don't drive, I don't really recommend going there because it might be a little hard to find a cab on your way out.
For map, I attached it along with restaurant's detail at the bottom of this entry.
Also, I have attached the location to this entry. You could just send the dropped pin to google map on your phone.


The last time I went there for lunch was around x-mas. I just love the feeling of sitting-in-the-garden-like-Alice-in-Wonderland that this place give me.


But if you come here during night time, well... you don't get the Alice feeling, sorry!
Anyhow, you could have a romantic dinner for two.




First thing to be served, free set of bread. I love the baguette but ew...I hate liver.

This time we picked salad with italian sausage. And as usual, I never remember the name.
The dressing is nice; olive oil with a bit of lemon and some other things. But I give this dish only 7/10. The sausage somehow didn't go together well enough with other thing.


Next dish, the classy one that we all tend to order when we run out of ideas, cabonara.
Well, it is considered good but I just personally prefer this one at Vanilla more. Plus, that tomato makes the dish looks weird in my opinion, like a crown's nose.


And it is time for baby-back ribs with tamarind sauce. I order the dish every single time I come here. Just love the combination between these two things so much.

The most important thing when you come here is to keep in mind that you HAVE TO order dessert!
Desserts here are VERY good. (trust me, I bake... I can tell whether it really is good or not)

Apple and guava crumble. 
Apple and guava go together very well. And the crumble just smells so nice, adding a bit of vanilla sauce (real vanilla bean is used) and viola! You would feel like having picnic in wonderland.



Price :              500-800 THB (w/o drinks) (per person)
Food :             Good
Atmosphere :   Excellent
Service :          Excellent
Car Park :       In front of the restaurant 
Reservation :   Should be made in advance


Details and map.

No comments:

Post a Comment